For the low cost of $35.00 per year you can purchase a Boat Pass at Gord's Corner Store, Route 110, West Milan and then use your pass during the fishing season to obtain a key to which ever boat you would like to use if it is available. You just need to present your pass at Gord's Corner store. There are 12 boats on various bodies of water in our region.
To put this in perspective, please consider that it would cost you $37.50 just to register a small aluminum boat for personal use if you bought one, and you would still need to find a way to transport and maintain the boat whenever you wanted to use it. Please take advantage of this deal and try out our boats for this coming season. We are confident you won't regret it. Our boats are well maintained and are stable and appropriate for the bodies of water they are on.
The Rules of Use for our fleet of boats are clearly explained below.
Don't forget to register your fish at Gord's for a chance to win a prize in our annual Fishing Contest. The Fishing Contest runs from March 1, 2021 to February 28, 2022. Fish must be caught in New Hampshire and weighed at Gord's store to qualify. Please have your fish in some type of protective wrapper or container in order to keep Gord's facilities clean.
Thank you for your continued support and the best of luck for this 2021 fishing season.
Boat Passes: $35 Single Pass
May be purchased at Gord's Corner Store - (Rt 110 - West Milan)
Our current list of available boats is as follows:
Boat #1 Cedar Pond......12 foot
Boat #3 Millsfield Pond......12 foot
Boat #4 Big Dummer Pond......14 foot
Boat #9 Long Pond - (Millsfield)......12 foot
Boat #10 Big Dummer Pond......12 foot
Boat #11 Long Pond - (Errol)......12 foot
Boat #13 Pontook Dam......14 foot
Boat #15 Munn Pond......14 foot
Boat #17 Sessions Pond......12 foot
Boat #19 Munn Pond......14 foot
Boat #20 Success Pond......14 footBoat #21 Big Greenough Pond......12 foot
BOAT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. You must be 18 years old or over and have a valid fishing license.
2. Boat usage is on first come, first served daily. You may ask to reserve a boat ONE day before your outing.
3. Reservations for vacations are limited to 7 consecutive days.
4. Motors are restricted to no more than 7 1/2 Horsepower.
5. The AVF&GA will not be held responsible for state law violations while using these boats. You are responsible for obeying all boating laws.
6. The AVF&GA will not be held responsible for any accidents.
7. Use of boats is at Your Own Risk!
8. Boats are to be left at the ponds they are assigned to and are NOT to be moved to any other location.
9. Boats must be pulled out of the water and secured at their proper place.
10. Boats will not be released until ice is completely out.
11. To use boats, you must show a valid boat pass and driver's license or other photo identification. Boat passes are not transferable.
12. Any offense will result in loss of boat privileges.
13. Anyone caught littering will lose their association membership and boat pass.
14. Treat our boats like they were your own.
15. Keys must be returned within 24 hours after last day used. (Sooner if possible)
16. Anyone losing a boat lock will be charged a $10.00 replacement fee.
We also request that you always return the boats to the landing assigned to them, and make sure they are protected from any accidental damage that can be avoided. Please keep the area where the boats are stored clean and picked up, and Please contact us if you see any problems with the boats or with their storage.
Have Fun! ~ Be Safe and take a kid fishing!!!
Questions, Comments, or Concerns?
Mitch Dumont - 603-752-2303
Boat Committee Chairperson