Attention all fishing persons
For the low cost of $35.00 per year you can purchase a Boat Pass at Gord's Corner Store, Route 110, West Milan and then use your pass during the fishing season to obtain a key to which ever boat you would like to use if it is available. You just need to present your pass at Gord's Corner store. There are 12 boats on various bodies of water in our region. AVFGA just supplies the boat. You will have to supply your own equipment for the boat such as PFDs, oars, gas motor if you have one that is 7 1/2 horsepower or less or an electric motor, fire extinguisher, signaling device, anchor, and any other pertinent equipment that you will need.
To put this in perspective, please consider that it would cost you $37.50 just to register a small aluminum boat for personal use if you bought one, and you would still need to find a way to transport and maintain the boat whenever you wanted to use it. Please take advantage of this deal and try out our boats for this coming season. We are confident you won't regret it. Our boats are well maintained and are stable and appropriate for the bodies of water they are on.
Don't forget to register your fish at Gord's for a chance to win a prize in our annual Fishing Contest. The Fishing Contest runs from March 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023. Fish must be caught in New Hampshire and weighed at Gord's store to qualify. Please have your fish in some type of protective wrapper or container in order to keep Gord's facilities clean.
Thank you for your continued support and the best of luck for this 2022 fishing season.
Boat Passes: $35 Single Pass
Purchasers must read thoroughly and and abide by the boating rules and regulations listed below.
Boat passes may be purchased online using our Application here.
Boat passes may also be purchased at Gord's Corner Store - (Rt 110 - West Milan)
The Rules of Use for our fleet of boats are clearly explained below.
BOAT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. You must be 18 years old or over and have a valid boat pass and a valid fishing license
2. Boats will not be released until ice is completely out.
3. Boat usage is on first come, first served daily. You may ask to reserve a boat ONE day before your
4. Reservations for vacations are limited to 7 consecutive days.
5. Gas motors are restricted to no more than 7 1/2 Horsepower.
6. The AVF&GA will not be held responsible for state law violations while using these boats. You are
responsible for obeying all boating laws.
7. The AVF&GA will not be held responsible for any accidents. Use of AVF&GA boats is at Your Own
8. Boats are to be left at the ponds they are assigned to and are NOT to be moved to any other location.
9. Boats must be pulled out of the water and secured at their proper place.
10. To use boats, you must show a valid boat pass and driver's license or other photo identification. Boat
passes are not transferable.
11. Any offense will result in loss of boat privileges.
12. Anyone caught littering will lose their association membership and boat pass.
13. Treat our boats like they were your own.
14. Keys must be returned within 24 hours after last day used. (Sooner if possible)
15. Anyone losing a boat lock will be charged a $10.00 replacement fee.
Our current list of available boats is as follows:
Boat #1 Cedar Pond......12 foot
Boat #2 Gord's Corner Store......12 foot
Boat #3 Millsfield Pond......12 foot
Boat #4 Big Dummer Pond......14 foot
Boat #9 Long Pond - (Millsfield)......12 foot
Boat #10 Big Dummer Pond......12 foot
Boat #11 Long Pond - (Errol)......12 foot
Boat #13 Pontook Dam......14 foot
Boat #15 Munn Pond......14 foot
Boat #17 Sessions Pond......12 foot
Boat #19 Munn Pond......14 foot
Boat #20 Success Pond......14 foot
Boat #21 Big Greenough Pond......12 foot
We also request that you always return the boats to the landing assigned to them, and make sure they are protected from any accidental damage that can be avoided. Please keep the area where the boats are stored clean and picked up, and Please contact us if you see any problems with the boats or with their storage.
A Big THANK YOU to these directors and more who helped rebuild the boat ramp at Munn Pond! Hope you all are able to enjoy our boats!
Have Fun! ~ Be Safe and take a kid fishing!!!
Questions, Comments, or Concerns?
Mitch Dumont - 603-752-2303
Boat Committee Chairperson