AVFGA SHOOTING RANGE SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction!
- Always keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to shoot!
- Always keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to use it!
1. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age in order to purchase an adult Range Pass. Family Range passes are valid for two (2) adults and two (2) children living in the same household. Children under a Family Range Pass must be under the age of 18 and accompanied on the range by the adult Family Range Pass holder with a PROOF OF PURCHASE RECEIPT or a VISIBLE VALID FAMILY RANGE PASS.
2. You must have on your person your PROOF OF PURCHASE RECEIPT or a VISIBLE VALID RANGE PASS while using Range Facilities! (Or Risk Arrest For Criminal Trespass Under RSA 635:2) Adults must also have a state issued driver's license or state issued photo I.D. present on their persons while utilizing the range.
3.Day use range passes are available for purchase by adults 18 years of age or older. While on the range the valid Day Pass Holder assumes all liability. Any deviation from the range rules by a Day Pass holder may result in forfeiture of the range Day Pass.
4. Once the Range Pass application and waiver has been processed, the Range Pass and padlock combination will be mailed to the Range Pass purchaser. Note: Range Pass purchasers will not be able to use the range until they receive their Range Pass. It is the Range Pass holder's responsibility to keep the combination to himself / herself and to not distribute the combination to non-range pass holders. Failure to do so will result in a padlock combination change and loss of Range privileges. This will hinder other rule abiding members' access to the range as the combination gets changed and redistributed. PLEASE RESPECT THE RANGE AND YOUR FELLOW RANGE PASS HOLDERS
5. Eye and Ear Protection MUST BE WORN while using the Rifle and Pistol Range Facilities. These areas are marked with signs.
6. While on Range Premises, Pass Holders by Willful Consent Agree to:
a) Use the range at their own risk!
b) Assume Full Liability for their Actions!
c) If injured .. Hold Harmless the AVF & G Association and landowner, its Board Members, Affiliates and agents.
7. Use paper or sticker targets only! No cans, bottles, etc. are allowed. Paste all targets at the base of the 25, 50, & 100 Yard Range backstops only! This will avoid dangerous "ricochets!"
8. Alcohol or Drug use on Range premises will be Subject to Arrest and Prosecution!
9. Pin the Gate shut behind you but do not lock the gate upon arriving (to allow emergency vehicle
10. The Police Range is not part of our facilities. Please Stay Clear of it!
11. All firearms are to be discharged downrange only, utilizing the berm backstop
12. Do not fire birdshot or buckshot into target backers. Birdshot may only be used during trap shooting.
13. FIRING OF ANY TYPE OF FIREARM IN FULL AUTOMATIC OR ANY FIREARM WITH A FULL AUTOMATIC MODIFICATION (IE "A BANNED BUMP STOCK) IS STRICKLY FORBIDDEN. DOING SO WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF YOUR RANGE PASS PRIVILIGES.
14. Prior to leaving, carry out what you carried in. (Targets, Brass, Trash Etc.) Try to leave the range better than when you arrived. Members and guests need to do their part to keep the range clean, safe, and enjoyable for all members.
15. Organized events, approved by the AVFGA directors, will require at minimum 1 Certified Range Safety Officer, RSO. (You may contact one of our directors listed on our website to organize the presence of one of our RSO's)
16. Open toed shoes and crop tops are not allowed while shooting.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW AND ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE ANDROSCOGGIN VALLEY FISH AND GAME ASSOCIATION SHOOTING RANGE MAY CONSTITUTE A LOSS OF RANGE PRIVILIGES/RANGE PASS AND YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR RANGE PASS. IN CASE OF LOSS OF PRIVILIGES, REINSTATEMENT OF RANGE PRIVILIGES WILL BE DISCUSSED AND VOTED ON BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND IF APPROVED IN YOUR FAVOR WILL ALLOW YOU TO PURCHASE A RANGE PASS THE FOLLOWING YEAR. YOU MAY CONTEST RANGE LOSS PRIVILIGES BY EMAILING OUR SECRETARY/RANGE PASS COORDINATOR LISTED ON THE SHOOTING RANGE PAGE.
***Please report any suspicious Activity by dialing 911***
ENJOY THE RANGE AND STAY SAFE!!!